Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library Development Associate
The Development Associate provides administrative support services to ensure the effective operations of the Development office. He/she reports to the CEO and supports the Development team through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. This full-time position is responsible for executing all aspects of the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library’s program for support from individuals, including the Annual Fund. Additionally, this position will coordinate all aspects of the League of Friends Membership program, including member acquisition, retention and special membership programming.
1) Work with the CEO, Development Officer, and other staff as needed to ensure the successful execution of the annual fundraising plan to include: responsibility for segmented appeal mailings; monthly reminders for membership renewal; and tracking the pledge balances of individual donors.
2) Data entry, gift processing, and donor reporting using the donor management system Raiser’s Edge.
3) Prepare donation acknowledgements, and retain accurate files for annual audit review.
4) Conduct prospect research, and develop prospect lists for CEO and board.
5) Create documents, including proposals, and stewardship reports.
6) Work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of WWPL staff and supporters by providing general assistance to donors, volunteers, vendors and visitors.
7) Assist with scheduling of development meetings for CEO and board members.
8) Develop social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest in collaboration with the Marketing Director.
9) Plan and execute special events for donors and guests.
10) Monitor the departmental budget and prepare expense reports.
11) Support other departmental efforts that require a team approach and in particular provide assistance with special events.
1) Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
2) Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
3) Ability to work independently and as a team member.
4) Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
5) Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
6) Strong computer skills- Microsoft Office proficiency required with Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@woodrowwilson.org
PRESIDENT'S SHOP ASSISTANT
The President’s Shop of the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum is currently seeking a gift shop assistant. We are looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal skills along with a warm demeanor, someone who is able to handle customer service situations with maturity and grace. Along with making our visitors feel welcome, the successful candidate will also be responsible for museum admissions, opening and closing the shop, display, and some inventory maintenance. We’d like all applicants to have solid prior experience in a similar setting. This is a P/T position which requires some weekend work on an as needed basis. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please