Tickets for all tours may be purchased at The President's Shop. For further information or to schedule a tour, please call (540) 885-0897.
The General Tour includes:
• Manse Tour: Visitors receive a guided tour of Wilson's birthplace, the Presbyterian Manse, the home provided by the church for the Reverend Joseph Ruggles Wilson and his family. Interpreters will take you back to 1856 when Wilson was born and discuss his family, upbringing, and the lifestyle of the period. Tours are 35 minutes.
The guided Manse tours leave at the front desk of the Museum at:
10:00 am 11:00 am 12:15 pm 1:30 pm 2:45 pm 4:00 pm
• Museum Tour: Visitors receive a self-guided tour of the Museum and explore President Wilson's life through seven galleries. The Museum also features the President's original 1919 Pierce-Arrow limousine and a recreated World War I trench.
• Adult: $14.00
• Seniors (60+): $12.00
• Active Military: $12.00
• Students (13+): $7.00
• Children (6-12): $5.00
• Children (under 6): Free
ADULT GROUP TOUR
The Library & Museum is pleased to offer a discounted admission price to parties of 10 or more for group visits. Admission includes a guided tour of Wilson's birthplace, the Presbyterian Manse, the home provided by the church for the Reverend Joseph Ruggles Wilson and his family. Interpreters will take you back to 1856, the year when Wilson was born and discuss his family, upbringing, and the lifestyle of the period. Visitors may then proceed to the museum for a self-guided tour and explore President Wilson's life and legacy through a series of galleries. The museum features the President's original 1919 Pierce-Arrow limousine and a recreated World War I trench complete with lights and sound.
To learn more about group tours or to make a reservation, please contact Cynthia Polhill - Coordinator of Visitor Services, (540) 885-0897, ext. 106.
The Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum offers behind-the-scenes tours and special interest tours for a more in-depth tour experience.
• Behind the Scenes Tour: In addition to the regular museum exhibits, join a Museum Interpreter for a behind-the-scenes look at the Manse and the Pierce Arrow limousine. Also visit with our Curator and Head Archivist as they share unique items from our collections.
Date: Every Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 2:00 pm
Length: Guided 60-minute tour (begins at the Museum)
Cost: $40 (includes General Tour)
Group Size: Maximum of 10 people
• Wilson & Slavery Tour: Join a special guided tour, developed by curator Andrew Phillips, focusing on the experiences of the enslaved people who lived and labored in the Presbyterian Manse where Woodrow Wilson was born.
Date: First and third Friday of every month
Time: 11:30 am
Length: Guided 30-minute tour (begins at the Museum)
Cost: $25 (includes General Tour)
Group Size: Maximum of 10 people
• Private Tour: The Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library offers private tours to individuals and small groups looking for a more intimate in-depth tour experience.
Length: Guided 45-minute tour
Cost: $30 per person
Group Size: Maximum of 8 people
Reservations: Yes; must be made 48 hours in advance; call 540-885-0897 ext. 106 or ext. 119
STUDENT FIELD TRIP
Plan a unique learning experience for your class. We offer highly interactive and fun programs. All programs have been organized to reach a wide range of ability levels and meet current Virginia Standards of Learning. Field trips are generally two hours, but can be adapted for your specific needs. Tours are planned with the classroom teacher to reinforce individual learning goals. Geared to the developmental ability and interest of the students, tours are conducted by guides specifically trained to work with school-age children.
For more information or to schedule a field trip, please contact Susan Laser – Museum Educator.