Shop Exterior.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG

The Emily Smith Reception House contains Admissions, The President's Shop, and administration offices for the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library. The building (the former Gooch home) was a gift to the Foundation from the late Mrs. Woodrow Wilson and is named after a long-time Board Chair, Emily Pancake Smith.

Mrs. Smith was the Founding Secretary of the Woodrow Wilson Birthplace Foundation when it was formed in 1938 and later served as President of the Foundation from 1957 until 1973.  She was then appointed as the first President Emeritus of the Foundation until her death in 1975.

Smith House is located between Wilson's Birthplace and the Woodrow Wilson Museum.